Pages

Becoming a blip on the Internet

Thursday 23 April 2015

Hello lovelies and welcome to my blog!

My name is Jessica-Rachel and as of this moment I am trying to eat 3-day-old pasta that is far too hot from being reheated straight from the microwave, but alas I cannot restrain myself from eating it right now. Why am I sharing this pointless information with you? Because if you are interested in getting to know me, as I am you, then this will be a usual occurrence.

Blogging has always been an interest of mine, back when I was in my mid to late teens I constantly updated my Tumblr with pictures of my favourite TV shows and quotes, not to mention an endless stream of Nina Dobrev and how I wished I could have her sense of style or her flawless hair. 5 years on from that, I ended up giving up on my Tumblr blog and my hair goals of celebrities and moved across the ocean to Vancouver, BC from my hometown in England. I should have probably taken up blogging at that point in my life considering it was a whirlwind of events, but being 21 and being brand new to a city the last thing I wanted to do was to sit down and write about the events that I had done that day. Naturally I ended up doing just that, but watching Netflix instead.

I had been talking to one of my close friends for a while about setting up a YouTube Channel to which she agreed was a great idea. My only downfall was that I am far too lazy to do my hair and make up for work each day, let alone for a camera and making videos on my 4 year old macbook which usually crashes every time I open iMovie. So I thought I'd spare myself the effort of filming as of now and create this blog instead.

I am turning 25 this year, it hurts even typing that because I don't feel a day over 17, it also hurts typing that too because I now sound like my mother when she used to tell me she never felt a day past 30... the fact that I'm turning 30 in 5 years is also another frightening subject that I would like to keep locked in a very dark corner, behind bars until I must accept my fate of no longer being in my twenties. For those of you who are interested in learning a little about myself then here is a summary of the past few years of my life.

I graduated University at the age of 21 and moved back to my hometown, which is a very small town that most people have never heard of in England. I then ultimately became fascinated with TV and Film, which had nothing to do with what I just earned my degree in but I guess that happens to the best of us. I decided a few months later to move to Canada, as my original and first choice was America but unfortunately the visa system wasn't in my favour back then. I ended up moving to Vancouver in Spring 2012 to pursue a career within the Film/TV Industry. I was a young and naive woman but a few months after I ended up landing my first TV gig and the rest is history. As of right now I am currently awaiting my Permanent Residency and it's been so long now since I submitted my application that I am going a little insane... but "be patient" is what they all keep telling me and "good things come to those who wait". A little quote that I'm not a huge fan of as I believe that good things come to those who work very hard for them but when a situation is completely out of your hands and your control, then wait I shall!

I hope you all enjoy this blog as much as I will enjoy writing on it, and as much as this is for myself my ultimate goal is to hopefully get to know some of you too!

- JR


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS